Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flowing




An engine rumbles softly as tires kick up mist from the
rainwashed asphalt. Pop lullabies tickle my ear. Artificial
Paradises accompanied by flashers and billboards. They tell
us everything goes towards something greater than all the
Stars. Mobility intoxicates me into believing the stillness I
overtake has flown away. The heart swells. My eyes digest.
The double movement of a world that refuses to rest.
Mists quench the cool wind rustling dust from the
porches of my ears. Blowing a sweet "once was" as
the bass of an engine carries it past.

1 comment:

Beysshoes said...

I loved this. I loved the terse slice and metaphor of this write. I was there, in the moment. Favorite line: "Mists quench the cool wind rustling the dust from the porches of my ears."