Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Apology Is Only the Recognition of a Love for Doom

Anna, my cousin my spouse, I tell the world from every housetop: 
I am sorry for my cozenage. It was small of me and yet smaller 
still the failure to sufficiently sing the sting of your absence
A soaked wet blanket sky smothers my eyes. And I, like a grey day 
which greedily holds every raindrop, cannot weep. I ask for the grace 
your beauty sings. Forgive and ford the gulf separating you from me. 
Friendship brings laughter but is no laughing matter. The trust and time
invested makes us all miserly of kindness. End the exile and come home 
to these eyes. Speak so I may see you again. My Doom in every sense,
domain of light and articulated beauty, I beg to return. I cast these pearls 
on the run. Hoping they borrow fire from the Sun and find favor in your 
eyes, ebon(not blue). 

1 comment:

Beysshoes said...

David, Despite a few enjambments ... you offer a remarkably authentic write. I adore your "Soggy blanket"; heart rendering confessions; and the currency of ideas are a refreshing departure for you.

I'd love you dropping format into more prose.

The (not blue) negates ending. I'd love to see the powerful "I am sorry for my cozenage." finish the write. Pura vida, Sarai