Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Market Makers, Cartesian Demons

"Uncertainty is gripping world financial markets, after elections in Greece and France raised concerns about the future of austerity measures to help rescue Europe's debt-ridden governments and its ailing economies."
   ---Voice of America, "Uncertainty Grips World Financial Markets in Wake of European Elections", 05/07/12.




"Accordingly I shall now suppose, not that a true God[Market], who as such must be supremely good and the fountain of truth[Wealth], but that some malignant genius exceedingly powerful and cunning has devoted all his powers[Capital] in the deceiving of me; I shall suppose that the sky, the earth, colors, shapes, sounds and all external things[Property] are illusions and impostures of which this evil genius has availed himself for the abuse of my credulity[Labor Power]; I shall consider myself as having no hands, nor any senses, but as falsely opining myself to possess all these things[Property]."
      ----Descartes, Meditations On First Philosophy, Meditation I. 






(Bracket Material Added by Evil Genius)



No comments: