Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Piggy Bank Heart

Everyday I put a few coins in its porcelain belly.
The rattle is an enchanting sound. Reminds me of
childhood and shaking a can with rocks inside.
Now the bank's so heavy it rings with every
shake. Oh! The dreams of wealth hidden from
all eyes. Shall I build a castle?

These days fill my heart with heavier coins.
A smile, laughter, or her voice fills it. My heart,
nearly full, swells with new treasure.
Riches that exceed all dreams ever minted.
My chest thunders with each beat.
Am I bursting with fool's gold?

5 comments:

Anatole David said...

I post something from the heart which shows sensitivity and you bastards haven't got anything to say?

sparky said...

its lovely , if you don't care i would like to put it on the main page , allan

Beysshoes said...

David,

You lift my spirit with this artless splendor. You must be in love, soaring above and beyond your usual lust, to pen this sweet ditty. Tener buen precio, Sarai

Anatole David said...

Sarai,


Yes, Ive met a girl Id like to fuck. Id also like her to pick the zits on my back and the blackheads behind my ears.

Beysshoes said...

David,

You're not up to form. You forgot any mention of fecal matter in your romantic snippet above. Must be serious. Sarai